Sunday, October 4, 2009

Temple in Concepcion, Chile

President Monson of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced yesterday that the church would be constructing a temple in Concepcion, Chile - where I served my mission from 1996-1998. I am extremely excited for the members of the church down there. During my mission, church leaders were looking for the right spot for a temple. So this announcement has been in the works for at least a decade.

Here's a view of Concepcion. You can click here if you want to learn more about the city (and I know you do).

I can't wait to see what it's going to look like. I've told Jamie that we're going to go there some day.

Here's a picture of the Santiago Temple - the only other Temple in Chile.


4 comments:

Austin said...

Hey (Elder) Moffit!! It's so exciting - every conference where temples have been announced since then I've always checked to see if we'd gotten a temple there - and yesterday - HURRAY!

It is so exciting for the Saints in that area - it'll be so much easier for them to go - and go more often.

PS I googled Concepcion Chile Temple and you were on the first page that's how I found this post.

Have a great day - looks like you have a great family there!

Moffitt Fam said...

first time the blog's ever been on the first page in a google search. wow! great to hear from you Elder Long.

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Holy Cow that picture of the city of Concepcion is HUGE..i never thought it was so big. Is that a new pic or when we were there?

amy said...

stumbled on your blog while googling the temple announcement. I served there 94-96. Tough not to get emotional when thinking about the temple. You have a nice looking family too.

-Donald Nelson