Sunday, April 26, 2009

A 'Suite' Lakers Victory!

Game 4 - Lakers v. Jazz. In all my years of living in Utah, I had been to a few Jazz games, but never when they played the Lakers. So when my Aunt Sherrie texted me and said Uncle Dave got a suite for game 4 and there were two seats for me, I was ecstatic. Jamie, Tyler, and I made the inter-county trip to the Energy Solutions Arena and were treated to first class food and accommodations. More importantly, we saw the Lakers emphatically pound the Jazz into submission and take a commanding 3-1 series lead. I couldn't outwardly enjoy the victory too much, though. I was the only Lakers fan in the suite (well, the only cheering one. Sorry, Jamie :) ) and I tried my hardest not to gloat. Uncle Dave kept giving me a hard time about cheering for them, though.

Tyler did not like the loud noises of the pre-game introductions or the cheering crowd (to be fair, I ddin't like the cheering Jazz fans either, j/k) Jamie had to take him out of the suite for a while. During half time, I got some earplugs and we used some bandages to keep them in his ears. It actually worked and he slept through most of the second half. I know in the corner recesses of his brain, he'll always remember his first Lakers game. If you look closely, you can see the bandages over his ear in the picture below.



Here's Uncle Dave and Aunt Sherrie. A big THANK YOU to them.

Tomorrow night is game 5 and there will be two 24's on TV. The only question is who will be more lethal - Jack Bauer or Kobe Bryant. I wouldn't bet against either of them.

Another big even yesterday - Kaylin got her first real haircut. Jamie did the honors. Doesn't she look beautiful?! All the nursery boys are going to go nuts :)

8 comments:

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Just to let you know I was actually glad they won for you. I am sure had you not attended the game the Jazz would have triumphed this game...but eventually lost later in the week so...glad you had a good night! My parents are the best huh!

Moffitt Fam said...

Well, I have to give the nod to my parents as being the best, but yours a close second :)

Sherrie said...

Awww........... Tyler's first Laker's game! I enjoyed him more than the game! See you when the weather warms up! Love, Aunt Sherrie

Lisa said...

Kaylin's hair cut makes her look much older then she is. What a cutie!

karen said...

Thanks Jon, you're so sweet. I have to admit you look happier than Dave. But where was your Laker's shirt? I'm glad you found a way to help Tyler enjoy the 2nd half of the game. what a great idea ear plugs were. Kaylin looks so cute. Jamie did a great job.

Zeke said...

Yeah, Jon, where's your Lakers Shirt???? Well, at least the Jazz have one more game in Utah to try and get back in the series. Wait. . .what? They lost. Oh that's right they did lose game 5. Wait, so does that mean the Jazz are still in the Playoffs? That's right, they lost 4, so they are done and the 2009 NBA Champion Lakers are still alive and well. GO LAKERS!!!!

Zeke said...

At least the Jazz didn't lose by 58 on their home court. How embarrassing is that?

Brad said...

GO LAKERS! Nice seats! Had to love that game!