Monday, March 2, 2009

Basement Update #2

The drywall was delivered and installed today. Tomorrow they will tape it, mud/texture it, and put the corners on. With any luck, we'll be putting the primer on and painting tomorrow night. Then it will be baseboards, doors and carpet. Hopefully, I'll remember to take pictures of each stage now.

Jamie found out today that she is dilated to a 3, so we'll really be lucky if we get this done before the baby is born. But we're definitely making progress. No matter what happens we should be finished by the end of next week. Here are some pictures. Sorry they aren't very good, but some of the lights aren't hooked up and it was dark when I took them.


This will be the boys' room.


Here is the family room.


Here is another shot of what will be the family room.



We'll turn this into a closet for the boys and probably use the small crawl space for additional storage.

7 comments:

Amber said...

Wow, it's amazing what some drywall can do.

templework said...

We've built two homes from the ground up and it still amazes me that it actually becomes a home!

Looks GREAT!

Lisa said...

I am so excited to see your new family room and Brandon's room.
I can't wait to get ours done!
I can only dream!

Zeke said...

Wow, nice pictures of white corners. :-P I'm glad you're making progress. Go Lakers.

karen said...

This is really coming along and looks great. But painting tonight???? It's BL and AI :)

Moffitt Fam said...

Painting didn't happen tonight. It will be tomorrow at the earliest, but maybe not until Thursday.

Zeke said...

Jon, this is 5 blog entries without one about basketball. Where else am I going to find all my basketball info. I guess maybe I could try the internet. Hmmm....