Saturday, February 21, 2009

You never know who you'll run into at the Subway


So Jamie gave me a Subway gift card for V-day. She knows that quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Last evening, Jamie had to run out to Orem with the kids, and wasn't going to be home until around 7. It was the perfect opportunity to get a $5 footlong at the local Subway. I thought about going through the drive-through, but I didn't want to waste the gas and decided to wait in line in the store. Not three minutes later, who walks in? Jared from the Subway commercials. Just kidding. It was none other than President Eyring and his wife. I got to chat with him for a little and asked him how the missionary work was doing in Chile. His eyes lit up and he said, "Very well! We just got a report today." He asked me if I went to Santiago on my mission and I told him that I had two brothers go to Sanitago, but I went to the Concepcion Mission. He said, "Even better then!" That's right, Matt and Kevin, Concepcion! Mas alto, mas fuerte, mejor! :)

The whole time I was thinking, I'm at Subway standing next to a prophet of God! Only in Utah :) By the way, he ordered an Italian Sub. His wife had the sweet onion teriyaki chicken. I know you were wondering.

4 comments:

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Thats right darn it...what is the best mission in the world!!!!! hahahahaha to all you others who couldnt serve in Concepcion. Awesome..darn i am going to go to Subway more often.

Megan said...

I'm glad I like the same sandwiches as the top guys. Only in Utah! :)

karen said...

sweet onion teriyaki is my favorite. I sure hope I get to see Pres. Eyring one of these times while I'm up there. I keep trying at Smith's, now I know to go to Subway!

Zeke said...

I ran into him at the Museum of Art at BYU. He sure doesn't look as old as he really is. That's like me running into President Monson while tubing down the Provo River. It's funny seeing them out in the real world.