Sunday, November 2, 2008

A night of Jazz

Steve and Britt Drakulich invited Jamie and me to the Jazz vs. Clippers game last night. - FRONT ROW SEATS! It was a blast. We got to go to the "100 Club" dining room for dinner before the game. It was an all you can eat buffet with really, really good food. During halftime, there's a snack room for the 100 Club ticket holders, so we got free nachos, drinks and cookies.



We sat at the end of the Court, very close to the Clippers' bench. Of course, I was rooting for the Clippers so I would get a chance at them throwing me some of their gear after the game. They didn't disappoint. Ricky Davis tossed me his sweaty headband and I picked up his armband after the game. I still need to wash them. They are pretty gross.


Even without Deron Williams, the Jazz pulled away in the second half and won by 22. It was pretty close until midway through the 3rd quarter.
That ref was nice enough to toss me the ball during one of the timeouts. It was a lot slicker than I thought it would be.
During another timeout, the Jazz mascot, the Bear, played follow the leader with these cubs. When they were done, the littlest guy didn't want to go of the court and started running off. The bear had to chase him down. The crowd and the players got a kick out of it.

Ricky Davis took the loss pretty hard. He had a towel over his head for several minutes before I took this picture. I wanted to ask for his shoes, but I was too chicken.

Thanks again to the Drakulich family for inviting us!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

LUCKY!

Anonymous said...

Wow. we're glad you had a great time. Did you get to keep the basketball?

Brooke said...

I love the Jazz! I had a stroke at the Delta Center (also known as the Energy Solutions Arena, what is that?) so it holds a special place in my heart. Looks like you had a great time. Next time you get the invite give me a call and I'll be on the next flight....

Zeke said...

I asked Alyssa the other day how the Lakers were doing, and she said, "I don't know, let's check Jon's blog." Unfortunately you didn't have up to the minute standings, so we had to click on the "ESPN.com" link on your blog. So much wasted effort on my part. I'm very disappointed. GO LAKERS!!!

Moffitt Fam said...

Zeke - Problem solved!