Sunday, September 28, 2008

Number 7 and on the rise!

After a flurry of top ten teams lost this week, BYU jumped from #11 to #7 in the latest polls. It might be three weeks before they get tested again (@TCU) so who knows, they might be in the top 5 when the BCS standings come out. It's a great time to be a Cougar fan.

In baseball news, the Angels won 100 games and finished with the best record in baseball for the first time in franchise history. The playoffs start Wednesday at home against the Red Sox. We're healthy and rested. Things should go much better than last year, when they lost 3 games to none. The Red Sox are the ones banged up this time, but I don't feel sorry for them at all.

GO ANGELS!!!

5 comments:

Zeke said...

Nothing like going 50-31 at home and 50-31 on the road. Since the stupid Red Sox are the one who always knock us out of the playoffs, I hope we sweep them and shut them out in all 3 games. I'm so proud of BYU. There's no way BYU could possibly lose any of their next couple of easy games (sarcasm). Yay!! We're better than USC!

Zeke said...

Wait, did you get the expressed written consent of Major League Baseball to use the Angels Logo, or did you get the implied oral consent?

Brooke said...

Did you notice how Oklahoma ranks? Just wondering if you noticed...

Love you guys!

Moffitt Fam said...

Hey Brooke, I thought you were a Cowboys fan, not a Sooners fan? Bandwagon!!! :)

Brooke said...

I'm not a Sooners fan at all. BUT, I do live in the state so that in itself qualifies me to brag about who is number one. Doesn't it? The Cowboys are making their way up. You just wait.....I think Cowboys shoot cougars. Don't they?

(you still love me don't you?)