Saturday, June 7, 2008

Flash from the Past

Zeke emailed this picture from 1986. Jamie thought it was funny. I was the first baseman and he was the second baseman. I'm clearly reaching over the other player to catch the pop fly. In my defense, the pop fly was about half way between us and we both ran over to get it - he just got there first. It's not like I ran all the way over to second base to steal it from him. I did catch it, and we won the championship (as the caption indicates). That was the 2nd of three consecutive championship teams I was on.

3 comments:

Zeke said...

Yeah, you're clearly reaching over Scotty's shoulders - you basically tried to run him over to get the ball because you didn't trust him to catch it . . . which was probably a good decision on your part. Our team rocked. Go 1986 Giants!!!!

Moffitt Fam said...

It was a good decision on my part. That could have been the "Bartman" incident for us if he had the dropped the ball because I had faith in his abilities. What if we gave up 9 more runs after that? Not on my watch!

Lisa said...

You go Jon!